Our Vision and Values
In an ever changing world, Altarnun Primary School aims to ensure that every child is entitled to an education that will meet their needs. Our vision is to ensure that pupils receive the very best education and realise their full potential in a happy and caring environment, enabling them to lead a full, purposeful and happy life.
We give every child an opportunity to:
- Stay safe – develop a safe and stable environment in which all pupils and staff feel secure.
- Enjoy and achieve – encourage positive attitudes towards school from an early age by providing an enjoyable but challenging environment in which everyone can achieve to their ability. We encourage positive relationships and learn to accept and respect each other.
- Make a positive contribution – encourage children and adults to make a positive contribution to the life of the school by developing views of others and develop self-confidence to express themselves.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle – to give children and adults an understanding of what is healthy living so that they can make informed choices.
- Achieve economic well-being – develop everyone’s abilities to explore new challenges and ideas both in and outside of school.
No Child Left Behind
Our aim is to make sure every child fulfils their potential; not all pupils will be traditionally academic so it is important that every child has choices and develops the valuable skills that will enable them to succeed beyond school and in life.
Altarnun Primary School delivers rigorous academic challenges with educational and personal development activities to provide a rich and rounded learning experience so that all pupils get every opportunity to achieve their potential.